Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh, Female

Guillermo and Maya earlier this week at the Museum of Life & Science

I've noticed a change in Guillermo when I pick him up from school lately. He seems much happier and full of energy and I love it. He's even giving me detailed answers when I ask him what he did at school. 

Yesterday when I asked, he told me all about bees and worker bees and the queen bees. Then, he proceeded to tell me that he was a male and I was a female. Maya was a female too, he said, and papa was a male. That's right, I offered. 

At the park later that day, I was helping Guillermo as he attempted to climb up the slide with a rope. When he figured out how to do it, I let him work on his own while I helped Maya. A few minutes later, I heard Guillermo say "Oh, man." 

"What happened?" I asked. 
"Oh, I meant, Oh, female. Sorry," he responded and went back to work. 

I giggled. Later I told him it was OK to say "Oh, man" even if I was around. 
"You're a girl. You're a female," he said. "I will say Oh, female."

I can't wait to tell his teachers how much I loved the lesson about bees.

1 comment:

MotherBunker said...

Oh, that's very, very funny. He's very equality-minded :)