Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sick day

Two sick kids equals one long night. 

Both kids were up several times last night with fevers. At one point, I woke Will up from Guillermo's twin bed and urged him back to bed. Later, I realized I had slept for two hours holding Maya in her rocking chair. Luckily, the kids slept until 7:30 a.m. 

Both were pretty wimpy in the morning but by the afternoon, Guillermo was much better. I could tell because Guillermo said he wanted to do something that didn't involve moving his head much, like soccer. When I questioned him about that, he said we could be on the same teams and just kick the ball back and forth nicely. 

Maya was still sick, though her fever was pretty low, and only wanted me. I dragged them to the grocery store to get out of the house in the late afternoon, but mostly we spent the day on the couch, reading and watching TV. 

1 comment:

Di said...

Spending a day on the couch watching TV sounds delightful! Sometimes when my kids are sick, it ends up being a nice, quiet time of togetherness that we don't normally get.