Friday, June 19, 2009

Almost Ready to Submerge

Guillermo finished his first week of summer swim lessons today and he loved them. That makes my summer so much easier because for the next few weeks we'll spend every morning at the pool.

He resisted going to other swim lessons before and never made much progress, but this week he was great. He still wouldn't put his head completely under water, but he put his entire face in so he could blow bubbles and he floated on his back with the help of his teacher, who is fabulous. Plus, he can now get around the pool on a kickboard and seems to love being in the water.

Maya, on the other hand, is resisting the water. My former water baby used to jump into the pool if I would catch her but now gets very wimpy and wants me to carry her in the water. The pool we joined this summer has a huge area that is 2 1/2 feet deep and I don't think Maya is used to being able to stand so much in the water. I've asked her a few times if she wants to take swim lessons but she refuses.

No comments: