Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Monsters, A to Z


Making Monsters

The summer project I dreamed up the other night while reading Greece! Rome! Monsters! to Guillermo sadly came to a quick end this afternoon at the kitchen table. 

Greece! Rome! Monsters! profiles mythological monsters. They are listed in alphabetical order, which confused Guillermo because there wasn't a monster for each letter of the alphabet. So, I suggested that make our own book of monsters and come up with names for each letter.

If you know me well, you have to know how excited I was for this project. My mother has a drawer full of books I wrote when I was in elementary school. Guillermo seemed pretty excited, too. And when Maya saw how excited Guillermo was to draw monsters, she was on board, insisting she get to draw a pink and purple monster. 

The first monster Guillermo drew was supposed to be cyclops but when Guillermo was spelling it's name and accidentally turned Cyclop's second "c" turned into an "o" we decided to name him "Cyoptic." Pretty clever, I thought, until Guillermo made seven more pictures and decided that all of them were to be named Cyoptic. 

The new name of our book: Monster C, featuring the Pink and Purple Monster and Ladybug Monster.

Monsters A-Z

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep writing Guillermo. Maybe one day you will be a writer like your mom. I like your cyoptic.
YaYa