Saturday, June 13, 2009

Star Wars

I've been reluctant to write this post because it shows how quickly I caved to the pressure from the boys in my house. Well, that's not entirely fair. They didn't really pressure me, but mostly I just figured, well, what the heck ...

We let Guillermo watch Star Wars this week. We started with episode four, A New Hope. Guillermo loved it.

Will was equally excited. He invited several friends over to watch and pulled down the projection screen to show it. In the end, only Guillermo's good friend and his parents came over but that was good enough.

Guillermo and Charlie snuggled up on the couch. Guillermo barely took his eyes off the movie and didn't say much, but when it was all over, he and his friend quickly turned into Star Wars characters, taking on Darth Vader. For the next few days, all we heard about in our house was Star Wars, though I guess we've he's had ongoing discussions about Star Wars for months, especially after we found Wookieepedia online. I thought the Star Wars conversations might slow down in the next few days, but I'm afraid they won't.

Guillermo and Will went to visit Charlie and his parents tonight because their neighborhood has a large outdoor movie screen and occasionally shows movies during the summer. Tonight's movie: The Empire Strikes Back.

1 comment:

Amy said...

The Pottery Barn Kids Star Wars bedding is 20% off now, I was just there yesterday. Guillermo would probably love it!