Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Store Robbery, Baby Superheroes

Guillermo, so in love with that weapon.

I anticipated this summer would be tough but I have been so busy with some writing projects that I hadn't put much thought into how we would spend the days other than going to the pool. 

I now know. Guillermo likes to play with Legos and action figures and he also likes to role play, pretending we are characters from Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lego Power Miners or Mars Mission. Maya likes to play board games, puzzles, bubbles, soccer, kitchen and she likes to color and draw. She's not really that girly, but he is all boy.

Over the past two days, we've incorporated a bit from each to make some interesting games. Yesterday, Maya and I were playing cupcake and pizza shop when out of nowhere came Guillermo the robber, who stole our pizza and our money. Maya and I quickly transformed from pizza store owners to police officers and tried to capture him. 

Today, Guillermo was playing with his action figures when Maya turned me into a baby and she became the mom. Guillermo continued with his action figures for a bit and then turned himself into a baby, but a baby who loved to hit other babies. 

I can't wait for our pool membership to start!!

The ant city they built. Later, Guillermo decided it was a Revolutionary War re-enactment scene, with the larger pile of sticks and rocks serving as the American compound and the rock on the left that is propped up by a smaller rock and sticks serving as the British compound.

No comments: