Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cardinals Love

Maya melted Will's heart yesterday. 
She's going through a phase right now that involves a lot of screaming and crying and even running away from Will if he happens to get her out of her crib when she wakes up for the morning or from a nap. She wants me, her mommy. Yesterday, while I was chopping vegetables for a black bean and corn salad, Will got Maya out of her crib. Said screaming ensued and ensued and somehow he finally calmed her down and she snuggled with him on the couch, drinking her milk.

While Maya snuggled, my sister called. Will said Maya's head perked up and she looked around as she heard my voice. Soon, I heard "mama, mama." 

I indulged Maya and picked her up, only to be met with a frown from Will for interrupting his snuggle time. 

Maya redeemed herself though. Will flipped on the TV and found a baseball game, the Cubs versus the Dodgers. 
Maya looked up. 
"Cardinals," she said and the rested her head on my shoulder.
Will smiled, his heart grew a little bigger.
A few minutes later, Guillermo heard the TV. 
"Baseball," he said, settling in next to Will. "Are the Cardinals playing?"
Will was one happy father Monday afternoon.

2 comments:

jeninphx said...

GO CARDINALS!!!
yours is a family near and dear to my heart...because they are growing up cardinal fans and not the yankees!! although, they may have to humor my father whenever they are around and PRETEND to enjoy a yankees a game!! lita would be so happy for that!

Anonymous said...

I made that Black Bean and Corn recipe this weekend. It was a delicious hit. Thanks for the tip!

No comment on the Cardinals, from this Cubs family! Ha, ha.