Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One, two, three

Maya is going to cause me trouble. I know I've written it before, but every day she seems to affirm my fears. 

An example: 
If Guillermo is stalling when we ask him to do something, such as pick up his toys or put his shoes on, etc., we start counting to four. If we make it to four and he still hasn't done what he's been asked to do, he goes to time out. We rarely make it to four anymore because he knows the drill. Apparently Maya does too.

Maya has been standing up in her chair at the table lately. (She sits in regular chairs because she refuses to sit in a booster seat). The other night, with my father- and sister-in-law at the table, she was standing up again.

I asked her a few times to sit down and then said "Maya, do I need to start counting?"
Apparently there was no need. 
"One, two, three..." Maya said as she raised her arm above her head and then pulled it down with a force for each number. 

Will was astonished, almost proud. His father and sister thought it was hilarious. I was NOT amused. Maya was quite proud of herself and her show and repeated it several times that night.

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a sasser and smart too! That is my neice. You have no idea what is about to happen in your house. You now have a Lily! :) A strong, smart independent girl aka - bossy and sassy. At least she is smart. Don't be too hard on Maya - she is advanced :)

Julie