Sunday, May 18, 2008

Perfect Day

Check out Guillermo's new ride.


Saturday was a wonderful day. It was my birthday day celebration since Will was gone for my real birthday. 

I got my hair cut then hit the garage sales and scored big.  I bought a trail-a-bike for $40. Guillermo likes it, but is still getting used to balancing. Yesterday he complained that it was too windy for him to ride. Will doesn't feel completely comfortable pulling it yet, but said it will just take some practice. I think he is going to start taking Guillermo to school using it. I also bought lots of books and games that I can store under my bed and pull out on rainy days. 

Came home, opened presents, ate ice cream and then we went for a hike with the family in the woods behind our house. It was a beautiful day for a hike  and we ended up in the neighborhood next to ours with a huge pond (or tiny lake) filled with fish and turtles. A friend had told me there was a gigantic turtle in the pond named Holy Moly. We didn't see it, but we met a man who had several fishing poles with him and he shared one with us. Will and Guillermo even caught a fish. The man was so nice he took it off the pole and threw it back in the lake for Will (who wouldn't know the first thing about taking a fish off a hook). Maya chased a dog around, giggled with the turtles and threw grass at the ducks. 


1 comment:

jeninphx said...

holy moly!!
maybe i should have named my turtle that...or maybe change his name!! i am glad to hear you guys had a fabulous saturday and you were able to extend your birthday for a couple more days!! see--i told you it was your birthday WEEK!!!
love to you and la familia!!

jen