Saturday, May 3, 2008

Justin Roberts, We love You!

Liam and Justin at the The ArtsCenter. 

Me, Justin, and Guillermo. Sigh


I think Guillermo is already embarrassed by me, even at 4. 

We went to see Justin Roberts today. Yeah! As we settled into our seats, I told Guillermo to be prepared for a lot of singing and dancing because we were going to rock out. 

"No singing or dancing, mom, OK?" Guillermo said.

"How about a little?" I asked.

"No singing or dancing," he said. 

All right, all right, I thought. Of course I danced and sang the whole concert. I've been waiting for this show for a year. Guillermo had fun because, well, Justin rocks! He gets the kids dancing by asking them to wave their arms in the air, make giant circles with their arms, or jump around at different parts in his songs. The kids love it. 

After the show we bought a CD and waited in line to get it autographed. This is where I embarrassed myself. 

A neighbor was at the show and she knows Justin (well enough that they go out to dinner and he's been at her house!). Earlier at the concert I had told her about my blog post about Justin on Trianglemom2mom.com. She was sitting close to Justin while he was autographing CDs, shirts, etc., and I asked her to take our picture. We talked to Justin first. Guillermo said he saw him at the Durham Bulls game and I told him it was a great show and we had been waiting for a year to see him again. Small talk, you know. 

Then, my neighbor told him I wrote about him on my blog and she would forward him the link. I told him it was for the News & Observer's moms' Web site and he said "Oh, yeah, I heard about that." (Thanks, Sarah). 

As we knelt down next to Justin for the picture, I told him. "In my blog, I professed my love for all things Justin Roberts." 
He laughed, though I didn't dare look at his face when I said it. 

When she went to snap the picture, I leaned into Justin and said "I'll crop out the kid." 
He laughed again. 
I decided not to tell him he was on my short list of potential future spouses in case anything ever happened to my husband. 
I didn't want to scare him even more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nat,
Now I know why you have a crush on Justin Roberts. He looks a little like Chris Sepper. Sorry Will, couldn't help it.
Mom

MotherBunker said...

Hee. Now I need to know who this Sepper character is. I hope he's not famous, and that I should already know him.

Glad you had such a great time -- and got to meet the legend in person!

Anonymous said...

Will is much better looking than Justin!

And who is Chris Sepper???

Glad you had fun, now I'll have to get the CD for E & E.