Thursday, May 1, 2008

At the park

Maya, with the flowers Guillermo picked for her.

Jennefer and Guillermo at the Durham Bulls game.

Last fall I took Maya to the park and couldn't get her off the carousel. She cried and cried when the ride ended and I took her off the horse she was riding. 

I took her to the same park today and I couldn't get her on the carousel. "Loud," she said and covered her ears when we approached it. She seemed happy enough watching the carousel spin that I attempted to give her a ride when it was our turn. We followed behind Guillermo, who was determined to ride on the black horse he spied earlier. It was a guarder horse, he said. As soon as I tried to put Maya on the horse, though, she cried and cried and cried so we left. 

Earlier she cried when we sat on the kiddie train, waiting for it to go. "Dark, dark," she said, noticing the tunnel up ahead. We made her ride it anyway and she had a great time, once we made it through the tunnel. 

Later, Jennefer, my sister-in-law, and I took Guillermo on the paddle boats. He was the captain (but a horrible driver!). They had so much fun. 

We've been having a great week. Tuesday they went a Durham Bulls game and tomorrow we are headed to the zoo. Saturday is my long-awaited Justin Roberts concert and I'm bringing Guillermo as my date.


1 comment:

Di said...

You are contributing to your own stress level by continually posting these adorable, cherubic pictures of Maya and then telling us about how she pitched a hissy fit tantrum.

We need pictures of THAT Maya. But then again...I know Maya...I've raised her...and she's just THAT clever that she manipulates it so you never have a camera nearby when that happens.