Monday, November 3, 2008

At Least She's Cute


Maya seemed to have no problem transitioning to the time change on Sunday morning. I feared she would wake up at 4:30 a.m. with her body telling her it was 5:30 a.m. Instead, she slept in until after 6 a.m. (I'm not sure the exact time because Sunday was my morning to sleep in). What used to be such a stressful transition for our family seemed to pass easily. 

Until today. Maya woke up at 4:45 a.m., ready for the day. I made her stay in her crib until 5:30 a.m. but had to endure listening to cries alternating with "Mama, Mama, I. WANT. OUT." Usually on days like this, I come into her room to find that she has thrown her stuffed animals, blankets and sippy cup of water out of the crib and onto the floor. I can't remember if they were there today, I was too tired. 

Maya was even more unhappy when she learned she was going to spend the next 30 minutes being pushed in the jog stroller while I went for a run rather than snuggling on the couch.  That should teach her to get up early, right?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maya is adorable even at 4:45 especially when I don't have to get up with her :)
Love you Maya!!!!
YaYa

jeninphx said...

'at least she's cute'...hhhmmmm...i have heard those words uttered to me, albeit not in the same context as with maya!! she really is getting too cute!!