Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween



A few more Halloween pictures

We had a wonderful Halloween, so fun in fact that I didn't drag Guillermo or myself home until nearly midnight.

I took Maya and Guillermo out to collect candy while Will handed it out at home. We went with a group of friends with whom we had a cookout with earlier in the evening. Trick-or-treating was fun, but wild. Guillermo and one of his friends decided they had to run at top speed to every house. Maya and I could barely keep up. My poor girl had to skip so many houses so we wouldn't lose site of them. She didn't seem to mind. She kept saying "I want to catch up with my guys." We made it to one end of our neighborhood and nearly back to our starting spot before we stopped at my friends' house to take a break. She was having a little party. I thought we would stop there for 10 minutes and then go back out, but Guillermo declared he was finished. He didn't even want to stop at any of the houses on our way back to our house. Instead, we just hung out at the party and called Will to join us. Will took Maya home around 11 p.m. and a few hours later, Guillermo and I finally came home.

Today, Guillermo and Maya awoke to find the gifts that the Great Pumpkin left them. In our house, the kids leave their candy in front of their doors when they go to sleep. The Great Pumpkin takes the candy (and gives it to his graduate students) and leaves a present. Guillermo got two Star Wars action figures; Maya got a purple Dora Backpack. They haven't asked about their candy once today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

b and i are cracking up that will teaches grad students. and we're totally mad at ourselves that we didn't start that great pumpkin business long ago. can't go back now...