Friday, November 7, 2008

Perfect Day




Today was a beautiful fall day, with sunny skies and temperatures in the upper 70s, and Guillermo, Maya and I took full advantage of it. We had a picnic and then hiked on the nature trails at the North Carolina Botanical Garden, collecting leaves and pine cones. They were great, and both hiked the entire trail.


Later at home, I raked and they jumped. Guillermo was pretending he was a skeleton that came to life when I wasn't looking. If Maya had jumped in leaves before, she didn't remember. She didn't stop giggling.

The only thing missing from our perfect day was Will, but he was at work. Someone has to pay the bills.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does sound like the perfect day. I miss the botanical gardens, thanks for the pictures!

Anonymous said...

What a great Mom you are!!!!! The kids are lucky to have such an involved mother. You make me proud.
Mom