Friday, November 21, 2008

American Indian Heritage Celebration

I'm canceling the morning of Christmas shopping I had planned for Saturday so we can take Guillermo to this.

The other day I told him the story of the first Thanksgiving feast. (This, by the way, is a quick and wonderful slide show for kids about Thanskgiving.) When I finished, Guillermo urged me to tell him more.

"Tell me about how those guys were mean to the guys who lived here first," he said. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"You know, the guys who came here and were mean to those guys, those, you know those guys who were here first," he said. 

So, we talked briefly about how European settlers treated Native Americans. A few days later, we made a paper teepees (I'll post a picture soon). I thought we would make one or two. He made about a dozen.

He's going to have so much fun tomorrow.  Thanks trianglemom2mom for posting about this event. 

No comments: