Monday, April 28, 2008

Rainy Day

Ready to shop

Full carts, happy kids

I'll never be able to take my kids to Trader Joe's on the weekend again. 

I took them there today and for some reason told them both they could push "customer-in-training carts" around the store. They followed the rules for the most part: No running into anyone, stop when I say stop, and no pulling anything off the shelf. I took turns giving them groceries for their cart. Guillermo was so proud that he pulled off a trade with Maya of the Joe's Ohs in his cart for the Gorilla Munch in her's. Maya even managed to eat her roast beef panini sample and push the cart at the same time, no small feat for a 1 year old. They had a great time and were in good enough moods that I could take them to Whole Foods for a quick stop next. I know, though, that there is no use taking them to Trader Joe's on a busy day because they'll both demand their own carts and chaos surely will follow. 

The afternoon was rainy and I pretended Guillermo was still sick from yesterday, which allowed us plenty of mindless TV-time while Maya slept on the couch. He wasn't really hungry for lunch (see, he's still a little sick) and Maya slept right through it. Later we made cookies. Cookie dough counts as lunch, right?


3 comments:

Di said...

I'm surprised Maya wasn't talking on her cell phone at the same time. That's what my daughter was doing yesterday when we went to Harris Teeter.

Anonymous said...

G - Glad you are feeling better. Cookie dough cures all illness. I made cookies tonight. Wish you were here to eat some with me.
YaYa

Linda said...

Dear Natalie, you are one of the winners of the blog coaching package from the bloggy giveaway, please email me: brassemail(AT)gmail.com

Your kids are adorable! :)