Friday, April 25, 2008

Guillermo and the pea

Maya and Guillermo, outside Locopops

Guillermo likes to sleep in a sleeping bag on the floor surrounded by a circle of pillows, though he doesn't actually want to rest his head on a pillow. For awhile, we even had a tent set up in his room, but that was a bit ridiculous and it took up too much space. Plus, after several nights of potty-training gone bad, the tent stunk. 

I'm not sure where he came up with the idea of a pillow circle, but it makes me think of drum circles, which makes me think of college so while it's a little strange, I'm OK with it. 

Tonight, there were probably six pillows on Guillermo's floor when we laid down to read books. It reminded me of "The Princess and the Pea" so I told him the story, the abridged version. 

When I finished, Guillermo said: "Mommy, I'm not a princess. Guarders have skin like that, too."


1 comment: