Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Soccer kisses and poop


Guillermo loves his new soccer coaches, three senior girls from Chapel Hill High. 

He loves tackling them at practice. He loves running into them and trying to pull them down. He loves being around them. When I say love, I mean love, well, in the 4-year-old sense of the word when it doesn't apply to your immediate family.

For example, tonight as one of the coaches was sitting on the ground, Guillermo jumped on her back and kissed her hair. I'm not sure she realized she had been kissed. 

Later, when practice was winding down, I swear I saw him again jumping on the same coach. And, this time I think he tried to kiss her face. I didn't see her reaction. I looked away too fast. 

The girls are great and play with him, but try to refocus his attention to soccer, as do I. I love the fact that he loves his coaches and wants to go to practice, but I wish he didn't love them so much. 

Meanwhile, Maya was sitting at the kitchen table alone tonight, finishing up a popsicle, while I was cleaning the counters. 
"Poo poo," I heard her say. 
I turned to look. 
"No," she answered with a grin when she saw me look. She hates getting her diaper changed.
"No. No poo poo," she said, and went on eating her popsicle. 
Later I checked. Her diaper was full. 

One more thing. Yesterday, I had lunch with the other featured bloggers from the News and Observer's new mommy Web site, trianglemom2mom. The women were great. One of them, Di, wrote about it on her blog, Live and Let Di. You have to scroll down a bit to find it, but it's there. 

3 comments:

Di said...

Maya is going to be a handful. She is filled with delightful mischief...you can see it in her face.

If you don't want people to have to scroll down to see my post, you can go to the bottom of that entry and click on "permalink" and that will give you the URL that points directly to that entry.

MotherBunker said...

One of the best titles for a post ever!

Julie said...

Maya is funny! I see that I am going to have to spend sometime with her! I love that G loves his soccer coaches - so funny!