Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sick Guillermo

Guillermo had a rough day and not even the chocolae pop from our neighbor could cheer him up too much. Turns out, he had a fever. We let him watch a few videos and then he wanted to sleep. 
Maya ran to his room to get him a pillow and then drug it across the floor before lifting it up on his stomach. We settled Guillermo under a blanket and he fell asleep on the couch.

"Lillow," Maya said, then ran to get her own pillow for the couch.
"Laleet," she said. Laleet is Maya's word for blanket. "Laleet, purple," she said and tried to pull a blanket over the to the couch so she could nap with Guillermo, though I don't think she had any intention of napping. 
I convinced her to play in Guillermo's room for a bit until she declared "checky," and ran to Guillermo, checked on him and patted his leg.

I finally got her outside. Our neighbor gave her a purple flower to plant and plant she did. I dug a hole and she planted the flower. A little later she had pulled the flower out and wanted to plant it again. We did. She pulled the flower out again and tried to plant it on a chair in the garage. It's back in the ground tonight and hopefully she'll forget about it tomorrow. 

Guillermo was feeling better tonight and his fever was gone.



2 comments:

Julie said...

Tell G that I am sorry he is sick! Poor baby boy- I mean "big Guarder"! Maybe Maya will have a green thumb like our mother - that would be cool.

Yesterday while shopping Tony said Sh*t. I was pushing him in the cart at The Container Store. I was not sure - so I continued to ask him until I was certain - I made him say it a least 10 times - each time he would get louder. He would say Sh*t, I would say shirt? He would say "no Sh*t". I would say short? He would say say ( louder ) "no sh*t". You get the picture. When I was certain - I said Tony you mean shoot, and I began to look at some shelving. I heard him say very quietly, no mama - sh*t. I am in big trouble. I have been swear word free for 24 hrs.... :) Love up your kiddos for me. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you were sick, Buster. sounds like your little Sis was worried about you. I'm glad you are feeling better.
You go Maya! Keep planting those flowers.
Tony, sorry that you've learned a bad word from your mom. She probably learned them from her mom.
YaYa