Friday, April 4, 2008

Rainy week

Maya, playing in her tent outside. 

Guillermo, laying not so center on the butterfly we drew on the driveway.

It's been a rainy week and I can't remember exactly what we did to pass the time. Guillermo went to a playdate at a friend's house on Monday, I think, and he's at another friends' house today. (A great week for me, but my house is going to be a wreck next week when we invite those same friends over to play here.)

Maya and I went to toddler story time yesterday. This week's theme was bunnies and Maya was great. She danced when we sang songs and stood right up front while the librarian read the books. (For some reason, many of the toddlers stand during toddler story time).  She pointed out the animals in the books and giggled and played and had a great time. She seemed so happy to get a paper bunny, glued to a popsicle stick, at the end of story time, but she destroyed it and left it for dead on the library floor five minutes after we left the story time room. My sweet, sweet, Maya. 


2 comments:

Di said...

I hate to say it, but I was delighted to hear of the rainy week in NC. I am in Florida and was thrilled that none of my cohorts was able to work on their golf games. I am fully expecting it to be BEAUTIFUL when I get back on Sunday!

Di said...

Ugh...terrible grammar there. Blame it on several glasses of wine and trying to catch up on blogs after the rest of the family has gone to sleep1